So you think you can't lose the weight?
Yes, you can.
Break it down.
Losing weight is a humbling process. It's about getting to know yourself inside and out.
Here's a mini-step-by-step guide. See what pieces of the weight-loss puzzle have been missing for you. Then you can fill them in.
- Figure out what has been the biggest problem for you about losing the weight.
- See where you've come across this same problem in other areas of you life.
- Remember how you dealt with it.
- If you didn't deal with it well, create 3 ways to deal better with this impediment to losing weight.
- If you did manage to tame this problem in another area of your life, borrow the same strategies you used.
- Try out these ways of combating the problem a number of times. See what works and see what doesn't.
- Next, think about any other problem you see as being a stumbling block to losing the weight.
- Proceed with steps 2 through 6 regarding this next problem just the way you did with the first problem you thought of.
- Repeat this process related to every problem you think you have that interferes with your ability to reach your weight-loss goal.
- Each time you confront a problem, realize that you are learning a little bit more about how to lose weight.
Instead of trying to master the whole idea of weight loss, break it down into small steps that you can practice and get comfortable with. Then you can put it all together, and do it right.