Here are some questions to ask yourself, as a way of getting more in touch with how your weight problem works.
* How many diets have you been on?
* How many times have you lost then gained it back?
* How old were you the first time you thought you were fat?
* How do you feel when you see pictures of yourself?
* Can you recall the first time you ever gained weight?
* Were you ever embarrassed by how you look?
* Have you ever skipped an activity because of your weight?
* Has anyone ever criticized you about your weight?
* Have you ever fantasized about being thin?
* Have you ever used desperate measures to lose weight?
* Do you eat when no one is looking?
Questions like these bring back memories about you and your weight issue. As you answer, listen carefully. There's a lot to learn about yourself.