If you are trying to make a change in the way you eat so that you can lose the weight, then you have to be ready to solve the following:
- failing and not succeeding
- expecting to make larger changes than possible
- positive feelings from initial success that disappear
- expecting to make quicker changes than possible
- believing that changing your body will lead to all kinds of life improvements
The lesson learned here is that you can't count just on your resolve to change. When you "resolve to" and "commit to", you always set up some unrealistic expectation(s).
In order to successfully change yourself, you must recognize when your expectations are unrealistic and then go about solving these unrealistic expectations, the very ones you set in motion (in yourself).