“I’m hungry all the time.
If you have a longstanding problem with eating and weight, you are probably no longer able to distinguish between real physical hunger and when you are in need of something else, something other than food. A good way to understand this better is to investigate and get a handle on this feeling of being hungry all the time.
Before you go ahead and eat
1. Write out a list of food items and times you have eaten over the past 6 hours.
2. Read over this list. Does it seem like your diet is giving you enough food?
3. Write a paragraph describing your sensation of hunger at this moment.
4. Write a paragraph describing what you hunger for besides food.
5. Decide whether food is a real answer for you now or whether you need to do something better for yourself.
6. Describe a time yesterday when you did not feel hungry.”
excerpt from How to Break the First Big Rule of Women Who Stay Fat