When you eat, how responsive are you to internal cues of fullness? Take the following quick measure and see.
Rate each item using this scale*: 1-disagree 2-somewhat disagree 3. Neither agree or diagree 4. Somewhat agree 5. agree
1. I know how much food I should eat until full. __________
2. I stop eating when I am full. __________
3. I know when I should stop eating. ________
4. If I am full, I will not eat snacks. _________
5. I eat even when I am not hungry. _________
6. If I am full, I will not get more food. ________
7. I know when I am full. _________
8. I eat even when I am already full. ________
What did you find out about yourself? Is it easy or is it hard for you to tell when you are full?
*taken from Stress and emotional eating: The mediating role of eating dysregulation.Personality and Individual Differences. 2014. Vol 66, pages 1-4.