How much does your weight affect your life?
Take the following questionnaire and find out.
Rate each statement using the scale below. Then tally up how many times you used each of the ratings in the scale and you’ll have your answer.
Very much like me Somewhat like me Very little like me Not at all like me
1. I care too much about my weight.
2. Worrying about my weight takes up too much of my time.
3. I can’t control my negative thoughts about my weight.
4. My mood is determined by my weight.
5. I shut down when I feel bad about my weight.
6. I would spend a lot of money on losing weight.
7. I define myself by comments others make about my weight.
8. I will never be happy unless I lose a lot of weight.
9. When I start thinking about my weight, it’s hard to do anything else.
10. My feelings about my weight must change before I take important steps in my life.
11. My negative thoughts about my weight keep me from enjoying life.
12. My relationships would be better if my weight did not bother me.