by Maria's Last Diet
As you lose weight and move closer and closer to your weight loss goal, check out whether you have turned the tide from body dissatisfaction to body appreciation.
Use the following questionnaire* at a number of different times during the weight loss process to see if you appreciate your body more and more.
Please indicate whether the question is true about you
1. Never 2. Seldom 3. Sometimes 4. Often 5. Always.
1. I respect my body. _____________
2. I feel good about my body. _____________
3. I feel that my body has at least some good qualities. ________________
4. I take a positive attitude towards my body. _______________
5. I am attentive to my body’s needs. ______________
6. I feel love for my body. ______________
7. I appreciate the different and unique characteristics of my body. ____________
8. My behavior reveals my positive attitude toward my body; for example, I hold my head high and smile. ____________
9. I am comfortable in my body. ___________
10. I feel like I am beautiful even if I am different from media images of attractive people (e.g., models, actresses/actors). ____________
Add up how often these questions are true for you. Then see to what degree you appreciate your body: never, seldom, sometimes, often, always.
*Body Appreciation Scale-2 by Tracy Tylka and Nichole Wood-Barcalow