by Maria's Last Diet
What were the influences on you growing up that might have negatively affected your image of your body and that might also have caused you to be at your current weight?
- Weight or body shape teasing from family or peers
- Family concerns about your weight
- Family weight talk or family dieting
- Peers dieting
- Having to be sexy
- Looks were more important than other attributes
- Whole family was overweight
- Eating to take care of feelings and moods
- Weight gaining eating pattern was prevalent and encouraged
- Traumatic experiences leading to body discomfort and weight gain
How many of these situations did you experience growing up? Can you remember any other early life experiences that negatively affected your body image and your weight?